Thursday, April 09, 2015

New Music 2015 - Part 27 - Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp

This artist, and her new album 'Ivy Tripp', handily combines the themes of artists from across the Atlantic and those that I'm looking forward to seeing live at a festival in 2015.
Waxahatchee is the project of Katie Crutchfield, originally from from Birmingham, AL and this is the latest LP. It is already released in the UK/EU/RoW by Wichita Recordings. In North America it is released by Merge Records. This, taken from it, is 'Under A Rock' and there is a whole lot more than this one song to be gained from this LP. I'm set on the idea that the tracks released as "singles" may not be those which are most important live - that is hardly a revelation but it is an important consideration nevertheless. I'm not even convinced that this is one of my favourites in any case, which is far more a recommendation than at first it might seem.

She plays Green Man Festival 2015 and that is where I intend to see her play live; something that I have not experienced before.
There is a video to this song too, as has now come to my attention.



No comments: