Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Look Into The Eyes Of A Borrowed Horse...

It is not the best time of year to seek new releases but it is a good time to look back on those that you wished you had paid more attention to in the last twelve months, and for my part I can suddenly think of plenty, or try to find those that, despite whatever effort made, slipped under the net. Now might be a good time to find them at bargain prices.
Several people have recently asked me about the 10" vinyl-only EP, Edrych Yn Llygaid Ceffyl Benthyg, by Cate Le Bon that I mentioned as being one of my two favourite EPs of 2008 not so long ago.

The good news is that, at least as of today, it is still available from Spillers Records in Cardiff and is £5.99 + P&P. I just hope her début album finally sees the light of day soon for having heard some live tracks, and apparently destined for release almost eighteen months ago, it is a bit tantalising.

What will 2009 bring? Who knows, but if I were to add a third EP to my list for 2008 it would have to be Taxi - Nicole Fermie.

No comments: