Monday, January 22, 2018

New Music 2018 - Part 8 - Ruby Boots - Don't Talk About It

At the weekend I was delighted to discover the impending release of the second LP by Ruby Boots, the performance name of Australian-raised singer-songwriter Bex Chilcott.  It is the follow-up to her 2015 album 'Solitude'. With out further ado this is it.
I can't fault the label with which she has now joined forces.



Don't Talk About It - Ruby Boots (Bloodshot Records, 9 February 2018).


Ruby Boots - Don't Talk About It:
  • It's So Cruel
  • Believe in Heaven
  • Don't Talk About It
  • Easy Way Out
  • Break My Heart Twice
  • I'll Make It Through
  • Somebody Else
  • I Am a Woman
  • Infatuation
  • Don't Give a Damn
The lead single is the title track:



She has moved to the US now, Nashville and that is hardly surprising. This album was recorded there for the most part. Her backing band is 'The Texas Gentleman'. There is absolutely no shame in that.

No comments: