Saturday, August 12, 2017

New Music 2017 - Part 24 - Iona Lane - Pockets EP & Solace EP

One principal artist and two releases make up this little pot of gold. I should have mentioned the first months ago but I didn't, which is entirely my fault. With another now available to pre-order the time is right.

This is the forthcoming one (1 September 2017)...  you can order it here.
With Iona on acoustic guitar and vocals and Abi Plowman on violin and backing vocals this release consists of six tracks.

Iona Lane - Pockets EP:

  • Weighted Dice
  • The Loch Tay Boat Song
  • Living Life out of Pockets
  • Carved by Another
  • Northern Town
  • The Leaving Song
This is the first song to be released from it.



Back in February of this year she released the EP Solace. It was recorded with more of a full band sound.

Iona Lane - Solace EP:
  • Amsterdam
  • Sometimes
  • Fly or Fall
  • I'll Run Without You
Which of the four songs here is my favourite very much depends on my mood at the time. I'll go with opening song 'Amsterdam' that has an guitar intro that reminds me of many things and also nothing at the same time, which is very appropriate to the lyric.



The same is true of the seven songs on the 2015 'Dry Stone Walls EP'. 

Taken in total this amounts to a considerable body of original work and one that I enjoy listening to very much.
If you have none of the above you can get all 3 EPs (and a cover of Joni Mitchell's 'A Case Of Me') for £12.60 here. If I were you then I would.

No comments: