Tuesday, July 19, 2016

New Music 2016 - Part 41 - Rachel Laven - Love & Luccheses

Yesterday morning I returned from Truck Festival, a fairly small festival held on a farm in Oxfordshire, that has as its smallest stage (there were seven stages this year) The Saloon Bar. I have mentioned it many times; to be quite honest it is pretty well the reason that I go to Truck Festival. Here is an artist, new solo album in tow, that I saw play there on Sunday afternoon with family members The Lavens (mentioned here).
I don't normally buy albums immediately after hearing an artist or act live for the first time. There are exceptions and this was destined to be one of them.


Rachel Laven - Love & Luccheses (self released, 16 May 2016 in the US).


  • Finish Line
  • Each Other's Shoes
  • Do You Dare
  • Love & Luccheses
  • Only Thing Familiar
  • The Moon (Rachel Laven & Jana Laven)
  • Don't Put Me In A Town
  • Something Like Heaven (Walt Wilkins)
  • Someone Like You
  • Wrong Time
  • Song For Mary (Rachel Laven & Mary Cooper)
Eleven songs, all by Rachel Laven except as noted above, on which she sings lead vocals and plays guitar. 



Rachel Laven - live at Truck Festival. Sunday 17 July 2016.

I don't have the equipment to do live video. Indeed I think that I if I had I really wouldn't bother because I'm there to listen to the music. Still photography doesn't impinge on my enjoyment but I think that trying to record video certainly would. This therefore is not my work. It is the title track of the album and also explains 'Luccheses'. I didn't have the faintest idea either but at least I could ask there and then!

Rachel Laven is currently on tour in the UK. Dates and venues are here.

Note added 14 June 2017:
Rachel is touring England and Scotland in July and early August 2017, including a gig on The Saloon Bar Stage, at the sold-out Truck Festival 2017 on 22 July. The full list of dates and ticketing information is here.

No comments: