Sunday, April 27, 2008

Two very different thoughts on music.

To whosoever searched for this just now here is the track list for Blanche - Little Amber Bottles:

1. I'm Sure Of It
2. Last Year's Leaves
3. Year From Now
4. No Matter Where You Go
5. What This Town Needs
6. Child Of The Moon
7. Little Amber Bottles
8. World I Used To Be Afraid Of
9. Oh Death Where Is Thy Sting
10. I Can't Sit Down
11. World's Largest Crucifix
12. Scar Beneath The Skin

Little Amber Bottles is on my 'wanted list' but it hasn't arrived yet because I haven't ordered it. The list is long but not immutable and so it has become much more likely as a result of your enquiry! Much of it is, like this I guess, not exactly mainstream and that doesn't bother me one bit.

It does however make me wonder whether I'm neglecting true pop almost for the sake of it?

That would not matter either were it not for the fact that I also like pop simply for what it is. If it is populist then so what? This 2005 album didn't prove to be particularly popular but it certainly ranks amongst my 'most-underrated' pop albums of the 21st century.

No comments: