Thursday, April 10, 2008

There are some things indefatigable and indefeasible.

Say what you want but some things are simply facts of life; Euro trance-pop has for much of the last decade been one of them and, as I've claimed for some time, I don't think we've heard the last of it, indeed perhaps rather the opposite.

In the last couple of years it has, at least in the UK, faded in prominence somewhat but it would be wrong to thus dismiss its continuing existence. The presence of Cascada In the UK album chart for so many weeks should be quite enough to indicate that.

If I have an admission to make it is this. Cascada does not, as it so happens, do much for me mainly because it mostly comprises cover versions but I am however quite taken by some Euro-trance-pop as I find it near perfect 'thoughtless listening'.

'I don't want to say I'm sorry
For I know there's nothing wrong.'

That is not a slight in any way but the lyric is hardly world-changing. This is a feature of the genre and just a take-it-or-leave-it thing. More often than not I'll take it, thank-you!

No comments: